Twestival KL 2013

4 Comments
In the midst of crazy busy week that has been, I managed to squeezed some time out to attend a charity event yesterday, which was the Twestival KL 2013. It was basically a Twitter's Festival, some sort of a gathering of local tweeters in support for charity purposes. Plenty of fund raising activities were happening, including item auctions and merchandise sales with all profits going to Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Hulu Langat.

You must be wondering what the heck was I doing there, since I do not really use Twitter. Well, I do have a twitter account but it has somehow been inactive for a while, and I do not really have any friends I have made in Twitter so, I was afraid I would be a stranger there. Nonetheless, before Twitter ruled the world, blog was the dominant social media and thankfully I did make some friends from my blog! I was pleased to see a few familiar faces: Jian (akiraceo.com), Ivy /hungryc.com/) and Anna (annna.net). I was surprised to find Anna using Olympus OM-D E-M5 already! Also present was Carmen Hong. 

There were also entertainment on stage with live performance so there I was with the OM-D E-M1 and M.Zuiko 12-40mm F2.8 Pro lens and I started randomly clicking at things. The lighting on stage was horrendous (with bluish, purplish and pinkish strong color casts) so I decided to present everything in monotone. 

Iphonegraphy

Elaine Daly 



Auction going on for Charity


The crowd

Vincent Chong


Carmen Soo

Here is a video of Ray Cheong performing Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
That 5-Axis Image Stabilization system on the E-M1.... was simply amazing. 


Bottom Left: Jason Lioh 
Bottom Right: Anna 

Jian flew all the way from Kuching (East Malaysia) to support the event! Such a great guy he is. 





4 comments:

  1. Robin, during the movie, did you have C-AF activated? It seemed to be having a little issue with keeping focused when he would move. Great pictures as always. Just received the M-1 so I'm putting it through the tests, using your pics as the standard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... the micro contrast bite is back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, yes, I think you are right with the monochrome way - at least, for my point of view it looks better, espacially for the actors on stage! BTW: Fantastic shot of your friend Anna! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete